Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is a full-service consulting firm offering planning, engineering and program management services. Founded in 1935, LAN has grown from its humble beginnings as a small Houston firm to a national leader in the heavy civil infrastructure engineering industry. A division of LEO A DALY, an international architecture/engineering firm, LAN has access to the expertise of nearly 800 professionals in 31 offices across the country.
"We believe everything we do is for the enrichment of the human experience."
• Travel to projects regularly.
• Perform technical work related to right-of-way negotiations and condemnation.
• Acquire parcels of land in fee simple or easement, in compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
• Preparing, processing and/or maintaining documents.
• Review various appraisals, engineering materials, legal descriptions and mapping for understanding of a project and its purpose and communicate such to landowners or other interested parties.
• Perform analysis and review of real estate documents, legal/curative instruments (i.e. release of deed of trust lien).
• Meet with property owners to negotiate and explain the acquisition, and/or relocation processes, answer questions and present offers.
• Analyze property owner counter offers.
• Attempt to negotiate solutions with parties representing diverse interests.
• Conduct primary title research as needed and cure title defects.
• Provide condemnation support as needed.
• Prepare, submit and/or coordinate execution of relocation, acquisition, and/or condemnation papers with client staff, property owners, and title companies.
• Attend closings.
• A VALID Texas Real Estate Salesperson or Broker License is a MUST.
• Minimum of 8 years of acquisition and condemnation experience for governmental agency projects is required.
• TxDOT experience is considered a PLUS.
• Strong analytical capabilities
• The ability to write a clear, succinct and persuasive document and strong verbal communication skills are necessary.
• Have a working knowledge of real estate practices, procedures and terminology; principles of right of way acquisition; state and federal laws pertaining to real estate and/or right of way acquisition, real estate appraisal principles and procedures and relocation assistance; legal descriptions, basic mathematics; and maps and schematics.
• Proficiency with the use of personal computers and the use of applicable software applications (Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel).
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc., is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 713-266-6900. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law