Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is a full-service consulting firm offering planning, engineering and program management services. Founded in 1935, LAN has grown from its humble beginnings as a small Houston firm to a national leader in the heavy civil infrastructure engineering industry. A division of LEO A DALY, an international architecture/engineering firm, LAN has access to the expertise of nearly 800 professionals in 31 offices across the country.
"We believe everything we do is for the enrichment of the human experience."
Transportation Drainage Task Lead for transportation drainage projects in the greater Houston, Dallas, Austin or San Antonio area. Member of LAN’s statewide Stormwater Management Team. Duties include, but are not limited to the following: management of transportation related drainage design, tender offer development, project management, and staff development. Candidate is expected to: direct a local design team and utilize statewide resources; take a lead technical role in the performance of this work; coordinate and collaborate with other discipline task leads, teach and train the team members assigned to the project. Coordinate and collaborate with members of the Stormwater Management group in other offices. Effective verbal and written communication with internal and external parties.
• 8 to 20 years of progressive experience in the design and construction of transportation structures;
• Alternative delivery experience, both tender and design phases. Drainage Task Lead experience preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of the TxDOT Hydraulics Manual and is familiar and experienced with numerous hydrologic and hydraulic computer applications such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, TxDOT WinStorm, HouStorm, FHWA HY-8, and NRCS WinTR55;
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, or related engineering field;
• Experience in developing project schedules and budgets, coordination of design teams with remote company offices, business development, QA/QC, recruiting, mentoring, and floodplain and drainage studies;
Preferred experience with:
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc., is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 713-266-6900. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law