Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is a full-service consulting firm offering planning, engineering and program management services. Founded in 1935, LAN has grown from its humble beginnings as a small Houston firm to a national leader in the heavy civil infrastructure engineering industry. A division of LEO A DALY, an international architecture/engineering firm, LAN has access to the expertise of nearly 800 professionals in 31 offices across the country.
• Travel to projects regularly.
• Perform technical work related to right-of-way negotiations and condemnation.
• Acquire parcels of land in fee simple or easement, in compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
• Preparing, processing and/or maintaining documents.
• Review various appraisals, engineering materials, legal descriptions and mapping for understanding of a project and its purpose and communicate such to landowners or other interested parties.
• Perform analysis and review of real estate documents, legal/curative instruments (i.e. release of deed of trust lien).
• Meet with property owners to negotiate and explain the acquisition, and/or relocation processes, answer questions and present offers.
• Analyze property owner counter offers.
• Attempt to negotiate solutions with parties representing diverse interests.
• Conduct primary title research as needed and cure title defects.
• Provide condemnation support as needed.
• Prepare, submit and/or coordinate execution of relocation, acquisition, and/or condemnation papers with client staff, property owners, and title companies.
• Attend closings.
• A VALID Texas Real Estate Salesperson or Broker License is a MUST.
• Minimum of 2 years of acquisition and condemnation experience for governmental agency projects is required.
• TxDOT experience is considered a PLUS.
• Strong analytical capabilities
• The ability to write a clear, succinct and persuasive document and strong verbal communication skills are necessary.
• Have a working knowledge of real estate practices, procedures and terminology; principles of right of way acquisition; state and federal laws pertaining to real estate and/or right of way acquisition, real estate appraisal principles and procedures and relocation assistance; legal descriptions, basic mathematics; and maps and schematics.
• Proficiency with the use of personal computers and the use of applicable software applications (Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel).
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc., is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 713-266-6900. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law