Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is a full-service consulting firm offering planning, engineering and program management services. Founded in 1935, LAN has grown from its humble beginnings as a small Houston firm to a national leader in the heavy civil infrastructure engineering industry. A division of LEO A DALY, an international architecture/engineering firm, LAN has access to the expertise of nearly 800 professionals in 31 offices across the country.
The Proposal Coordinator position supports the strategic development and coordination of proposals and presentations for select practice areas in the company.
• Reviews RFP and bid/qualifications request documents so that client requirements are clearly understood
• Leads kickoff meetings, prepares schedules for document development, reviews, production and delivery
• Identifies and edits existing materials and/or writes copy to effectively communicate LAN’s services, core capabilities and differentiators to develop responses
• Organizes all technical written materials supplied by support groups including organization of sections, tables, exhibits, and attachments
• Monitors proposal for accurate content and branding/format consistency and compliance
• Ensure responsiveness to RFP/RFQ, thoroughness, accuracy, quality, using a persuasive and active-voice writing style
• Leads short-list presentation teams for development of key messages, themes, differentiators, including technical components, and ensure consistency from proposal through presentation
• Tracks and reports status of all proposal elements to proposal team and Marketing Proposal Manager
• Anticipates potential problem areas and works with Marketing Proposal Manager to provide practical solutions to problems as they arise
• Actively participates in meetings relating to proposals, business development and marketing
• Maintains files in Project Wise and utilizes firm-wide database (Deltek Vision) to update and maintain information (resumes, project descriptions/details, etc.)
• Supports special projects and other responsibilities associated with the position as may be appropriate
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc., is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 713-266-6900. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law